Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home Made Silvanas











This past few weeks I've been hearing a lot about Silvanas, a hard cream ball sold at Brownies Unlimited. Well that's what i was thinking, but I was wrong, its the Silvanas from Paradise Village they meant and not the one from Brownies. Well, I haven't tasted Paradise's Silvanas yet but will try it soon.

Though I can't remember the taste of the one from Brownies and what it is made of, I made a version of my own Silvanas last night. Got the recipe from a biscuit wrapper when i did my grocery last week.

Dessert for the day: Home Made Silvanas











Ingredients:
.25cup butter
.25cup margarine
.25cup confectioners sugar
.5tsp vanilla
800g cashew nuts, chopped
1pack biscuits

Procedure:
1. Whip butter and margarine til smooth and creamy.
2. Add sugar, cashew and vanilla.
3. Fill a small amount of cream between 2 biscuits like a sandwich.
4. Make 2layers of sandwich.
5. Cover all sides with cream.
6. Sprinkle small amount of crushed graham on the cover.
7. Chill. Cover should be hard before serving.


What i used in this recipe is Grahams Chocolate but i didn't like the hardness of its biscuit when chilled. I plan on buying Marie biscuit for a substitute, for a little softness on every bite.











Tips: You could add chopped chocolate on your cream for additional sweetness and excitement.

...

No comments: