Thursday, September 25, 2008

Coconut Macaroons



This is one of the easiest dessert you could bake, just like your one-step hot cake mix, you mix it all and your done. Way back in my high school days my mama would always bake cakes for us and sometimes desserts, one of my favorite is her carrot cake (before, I only eat carrot if its a cake). I also remember the time when we used to make yema balls and polvoron to sell at school, we would all pile up in the table and get our share of "tinda", but before that, we already ate some of the foods that we were supposed to sell.

Macaroons was also one of the desserts taught in our culinary class, from that time i think have baked several sets already. In my previous boarding house it was convenient to bake since we had an oven, i baked some for my friends and some for my office mates, and baked some at home. But now that i am living alone, without a kitchen and an oven, i guess it'll take some time before i could make macaroons again.

Dessert for the day: Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
1/4 c butter (soften)
1/3 c flour
200 g desiccated coconut
1/4 sugar
1 can big condense milk
2 pcs egg

Procedure:
1. In a bowl put all the ingredients and mix.
2. Put the mixture into small macaroon pans with colored baking cups. Top with raisin.
3. Bake at 350 deg F for 20 mins or until top is finely browned.



Me making macaroons at home..


Easy, right?? So go ahead and give it a try but dont forget to share some okiez... =)


..

No comments: